The American Medical Association
With more than 48,000 student members, the AMA is your strongest advocate for tackling the issues that matter most to you: student debt, improving medical education, and more. Stay informed, get involved and help create health care solutions.
Benefits of membership within the AMA:
- Gain a voice in decisions affecting the future of medicine.
- Travel to meeting and advocacy events and watch health care policy being shaped
- Receive the Journal of the American Medical Association and stay on top of clinical advances and important issues in health care.
- Experience medicine beyond the books -- get involved in chapter activities and community projects. Network with fellow students and with physician mentors.
Join today and receive Netters Anatomy Flash Cards with Student Consult Online Access - FREE!
The North Carolina Medical Society and the Durham-Orange County Medical Society
The NCMS and the Durham-Orange County Society both have Medical Student Sections dedicated to med student affairs at a local level.
Benefits of membership within the North Carolina Medical Society and your County Society:
- Receive weekly emails with the latest health care news with the NCMS Bulletin
- Take advantage of the opportunity to serve on more than 20 NCMS committees and be a part of the decision-making process in forming policy for the NC Medical Society and beyond.
- Take part in advocacy events, such as White Coat Wednesdays, where the Medical Student Section and other physician groups learn more about lobbying and then visit legislators for one-on-one meetings.
- Attend meetings such as the NCMS Annual Meeting and regularly scheduled county society meetings, where you can learn more about health care issues and policy, as well as form new friendships and network with other NCMS/DOCMS physicians and physician assistants.
- Get involved in annual community service projects and awards.
Medical Student Section Contacts
For assistance or questions regarding the Medical Student Section, feel free to contact:
NCMS Staff Members
UNC Student Leadership
For more information on UNC AMA/NCMS/DOCMS Medical Student Section information, visit http://www.med.unc.edu/ama/.